How to Increase Brand Awareness: Media Monitoring And SEOHow to
Why media monitoring and SEO? Both of these methods work with keywords. But when working with a brand, these tools are sometimes either forgotten or face a lack of knowledge on how to use them. Let’s discuss how tracking mentions and SEO work for a brand.
Create Your Brand Image For Media
Monitoring SEO Yourself
Prior to working on awareness, build a clear understanding of what people need to know about your brand. What it should be associated with, what personality reflect, and what to be remembered by. People buy opportunities. What opportunities does your brand provide?
Increasing awareness is a struggle for a place in people's associative consciousness.
What Is Media Monitoring Here For?
Media monitoring shows what people say about your brand and how well it is known — that is, how it ranks. Monitoring is not directly designed to measure brand awareness and does not give an exact picture of its position in the eyes of your audience. However, tracking mentions encourages insights to promote the image.
- Your Image
Analyze which topics around your brand get the most attention. Do they work on brand awareness? If so, what brand features do they emphasize? Are all the features positive?
The answers to these questions allow:
- check whether you communicate your brand features correctly,
- look at your brand differently — user comments on a resource you didn't even know about can highlight your unobvious advantage,
- work out the negative.
Tracking mentions allows you to connect with their authors and do in-depth research on attitude to the brand. Mentions are also something that worries people. Gather this information to use topics from users in SEO texts.
- New Keywords
Pay attention to the wording and words used in mentions of your brand and competitors. You can brainstorm weekly with your whole team for keyword searches, while media monitoring will show that people are using new phrases and word combinations. These keywords will be useful when working with SEO.
- Brand Recall
Mentioning a brand, users are not always linking it (either as a link or a tag). While this is an opportunity for a brand to once again declare itself and attract new users. Monitoring finds all the mentions, and you can not only answer the post or comment, but also add a link to your site. It is appropriate to appear where you have already been mentioned.
You can try tracking mentions during a free trial period from the Ukrainian leader LOOQME.
Why SEO Here?
SEO aims to increase traffic to your site. Placing a company on the first page of a search increases its credibility, trust, and brand awareness.
- Website Individuality
Compliance of a site with User Experience rules is the basis for increasing visibility through SEO. A user-friendly website is our chance to keep a visitor and not let him go within the first seconds due to slow page loading or unreadable text.
The website should reflect the brand identity. Every detail is a point of contact. Every button, section, and 404 page is our opportunity to be remembered. Colors, fonts, graphics, and tone of voice should form a complete brand image and be understandable. All elements are important.
- Valuable Content
An effective way to keep organic visitors flow to a company's website is to blog. A good search query place has to be obtained. The more people visit your website, the more they learn about the company. However, if a user appears at your landing, and it did not meet his expectations, it affects SEO with a short session duration and no conscious return, and for a brand, it means a company image can not solve a problem of potential customers.
Work on the content building:
- Create content that resonates with your audience (media monitoring can suggest topics).
- Make friendly expert content, not just keyword sets.
- Go through your customer journey: solve the issues that concern clients, use keywords that they use to find a solution, and speak their language.
- Your content should cause a desire to stay on the website as long as possible: pay attention to illustrations, graphics, videos, and don't forget to link texts with other materials on your blog.
- Own Niche
SEO allows a brand to occupy small niches. They will not bring mass sales, but still, have a target audience — potential customers who can solve their problem with our product. This SEO opportunity is especially important for small and medium-sized businesses, which find it difficult to compete with large companies. However, it is valuable for a brand regardless of its size: customers from small niches are looking for a solution to a ‘rare’ problem — if your brand efficiently helps them in this, the trust level and LTV grow.
In a Nutshell
- Make sure that what customers say about your brand and what you write in the brand image match.
- Keywords are not always obvious.
- Linking texts and materials means reminding yourself once again and increasing conversions.
- Help your audience subconsciously maintain your brand image.
- Be helpful before you actually sell your product. Write for people first and foremost, and only then do it to optimize your search.
- To conquer small niches, you can prepare targeted strategies and less popular long keywords.