Information Netpeak Software Collects About You and How We Collect It
Netpeak Software collects various types of information from and about users of our Products or Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number (‘personal information’);
- that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as your company name and job title;
- about your internet connection, the device you use to access our Website or Products, usage and visiting details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include but not limited to usage details, IP addresses, browser type, language settings of the browser, the date and time of the request, referral source, duration of visits, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies;
- via analytical tools and the third-party technologies (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect impersonal data;
- automatically as you use our Products. Such information may include your device data and usage details.
Netpeak Software uses cookie files on the Website. We can use the information obtained by means of cookie to manage the Website, to improve user experience, and for the purposes of marketing. We also can use this information to identify your computer, when you visit the Website, and for personalization of the Website for you.
Netpeak Software can use anonymous cookie files to obtain information of impersonal nature, such as activity on the Website, date and time of visit and type of domain. As well as to use this information for retargeting.
Information You Provide to Netpeak Software
The information we collect on or through our Website and Products may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes without limitation information provided during registration of Netpeak Software account;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- data about visits and use of the Website and the Products.
You also may provide information to be published or posted on public areas of the Website (such as your Profile on Netpeak Software Blog) or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (‘Interactive Content’). Your Interactive Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk; we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your Interactive Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Interactive Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Your Interactive Content may include the following information you choose to share in your Profile: first and last name, position, company, location, website, links to profiles in social media, comments and posts you have published on the Netpeak Software Blog.
You can change information in your Profile at any time. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others.
How Netpeak Software Uses Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and Products to you;
- to provide you with information that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your subscriptions to the Products, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or Products;
- to improve the quality of the Products and develop new ones;
- to perform statistical and other studies on the basis of impersonal data;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for marketing purposes;
- for any other purpose with your permission.
Netpeak Software is obliged to ensure confidentiality of your information. We shall not provide the third parties with access to your personal data and disclose your personal data, except for our service provider (e.g. our electronic payment system Stripe). Service providers can have access to your personal data, required for the performance of their functions, but they do not have a right to disclose or use such data for any other purposes.
Netpeak Software shall be entitled to transfer personal information of the User to the third parties in the following cases:
- the User gave his consent to such actions, including for the purpose of registering a software in the name of the user by the copyright holders, distributors, or resellers of software;
- the transfer is required to achieve goals, performance and exercise of rights, functions, powers and obligations, imposed by the legislation of the country of registration of Netpeak Software.
Netpeak Software shall have a right to publish and share with affiliates the generalized information of impersonal nature, for example, tendencies in using the Products.
Security of Your Personal Information
Netpeak Software takes measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. When you enter your information on our site we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS). Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We take all the required and sufficient organizational and technical measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or failure access, destruction, change, blocking, copying, distribution, as well as against other wrongful acts with personal data of the third parties.
However, the privacy and security of your personal information also depend on you. Your account is protected by a password, which we ask not to share with anyone. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We attempt to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we can’t guarantee its security during transmission to our Website or via our Products. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
We may collect and disclose anonymous and aggregated information about our users, and other information that does not identify any individual, without restriction for the purposes of Products research, to improve our Products, and for other commercial purposes.
Questions or Concerns
Last updated: January 29, 2018