Unexpected Content Digest about SEO: Vol.7Новости
Blog Editor and beer lover в Netpeak Software
9 июля 2019
The first month of summer has gone. So let’s remember what has happened during this month in our content digest.
Search Engine News (June 2019)
- Google announced that starting from September 1st, they will retire all code that handles unsupported and unpublished rules (such as noindex) and recommend to choose from alternative options to remove URLs from Google's search results. In other words, they announced that GoogleBot will no longer obey a Robots.txt directive related to indexing.
- Google's John Mueller dispeled the myth that the age of a domain name does not matter in terms of Google's ranking algorithms.
- Google retired preffered domain setting in the new Search Console.
- Meanwhile, Bing announced that they never supported the noindex in a robots.txt file before.
Digging into SEO
- The new guide to international SEO will help you not only to choose the proper domain structure but also to localize your website correctly.
- On the heels of the latest Google news about Robots.txt, guys from ContentKing has described what you should know.
- Check if you’re doing everything right with a comprehensive guide on mobile-first indexing by Matt Baker.
- Guys from Serpstat asked Bill Slawski about structured data. Check out tips and hacks in their interview.
- Read or listen SEO insights from Patrick Stox, SEO specialist at IBM, shared during his Insights session at SMX Advanced.