Unexpected Content Digest about SEO: Vol.2Новости
Here I've gathered juicy posts from different SEO blogs, latest SEO news and, of course, use cases with our tools. So let's sit comfortably and check it out ;)
Search Engine News (November-December 2018)
- Google has released lazy loading guide for SEO. It covers some of the early tips to making sure web pages that deploy lazy loaded content can also find that content in the Google search index.
- Also, they have added structured data for Question & Answer pages. For content that represents a question and its answers, you can mark up your data with the schema.org QAPage. Properly marked up pages are eligible to have a rich result displayed in the search results.
- Google officially has moved several of the old Google Search Console reports to the new interface. The specific moved reports include AMP, Index Status, Links, Manual Actions, Mobile Usability, Rich Cards, and Search Analytics. You can learn more on Google help page.
- Now Google use mobile-first indexing for over half of the pages shown in search results globally. Also, they have described the most frequent issues that come up in websites without responsive web design.
- Google has introduced the indexing API and structured data for livestreams.
- Meanwhile, Bing has described more about how it crawls the web. You can read more in their bingbot series, here is the first article in the series.
Digging into SEO
If you want to read something interesting, you're in the right place ;)
- Search Engine Land has prepared recap of what happened in SEO in 2018. Let's go over the most significant changes in search and SEO throughout the year.
- Serpstat team has interviewed more than 50 SEO specialists from Booking, Amazon, Vodafone, eBay, Shopify, and other world-famous companies to identify key SEO trends in 2019. Check it out if you track any news in SEO world.
- In August 2018 Google released an algorithmic update, the so-called 'Medic update'. If you've experienced a traffic drop caused this update, read how a physician review site recovered from Google's 'Medic' update.
- This SEO's guide will help you to understand how to use XPath and collect necessary data from the web.
- If you've been using Google Search Console recently, you'll have spotted that Google removed the old Google Search Console user interface for the Search Analytics report with their more Firebase looking interface. Read this article to find out how to use Google Data Studio to export Google Search Console data by date.
About Netpeak Software Products
Let's read more about Netpeak Spider and Checker use cases published last months.
- Choosing sites for link building can take a lot of time and energy. It includes check by the following parameters: website's rating and trust rate, relevance of the niche, top keywords a website ranks for, geographical location and language, content structure, backlink profile and its growth dynamics, spammy content and search engine penalties and much more. Read this post to learn how to use special online services and Netpeak Checker to collect most of the data automatically.
- Broken links are one of the critical technical issues affecting website SEO and its future promotion in organic SERP. You can monitor broken links with Google Search Console, special online services, plugins, and Netpeak Spider. Read more how to find and fix them in this post.
If you think that I’ve missed something important, let me know about it in the comments below and I’ll add it to the digest :)